Re: The fundamental concept of continuations

From: Chung-chieh Shan
Subject: Re: The fundamental concept of continuations
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:41:28 -0400

gnuist006@gmail.com wrote in article
<1191958673.182295.207190@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com> in comp.lang.functional:
> > One of the most lucid explanations of definitional interpreters --
> > including those that are based on continuation-passing -- are
> > explained in J. Reynolds' famous 1971 "Definitional Interpreters for
> > Higher-Order Functions" paper.  (It has been re-published in 1998 in
> > HOSC.)  The paper also explains how to perform defunctionalization,
> > which can be seen as a way to compile (and even hand-compile)
> > higher-order programs.
>
> Matthias, thanks for the reference, but I dont have access to an
> engineering library. I would appreciate, if you have access to paper/
> scanner or electronic copy to help many of us out, you are
> not just helping me but many will thank you.

If nothing else, please use Google.  Many will thank you.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Definitional+Interpreters+for+Higher-Order+Functions&btnG=Search

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
If monads encapsulate effects and lists form a monad, do lists correspond to