Re: Emacs doesn't quit at the end of an X session

From: Sebastian Kaps
Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't quit at the end of an X session
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:47:05 +0200

// Peter Dyballa writes:

> Is there any reason why the line does *not* end with an ampersand ``&
> ยดยด?

I'm not starting emacs from my .xinitrc but through an icon in GNOME.
Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

I think I solved the problem: It seems to be caused by the dumb
GNOME session management. Although the session configuration dialog
didn't show any sign of emacs being started by the session management
there still was an entry in the corresponding configuration file.
Having removed that everything works fine now.

--
Ciao, Sebastian