Re: How to exit out of a function ? what is try-catch-throw in terms of

From: Alf P. Steinbach
Subject: Re: How to exit out of a function ? what is try-catch-throw in terms of Program Counter
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:14:39 +0200

* gnuist006@gmail.com:
On Oct 23, 9:33 am, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
NOTE: I am really afraid of try-catch-throw. I have never been
able to understand it since it does not exist in C and I can't
really visualize the construct in terms of C. That is what my
Actually, these constructs pretty much exist in C as well: `catch' is called
`setjmp', and `throw' is called `longjmp'.

        Stefan

Stefan, let me thank you for what seems to me to be the correct
concept.
I searched this whole thread in google for setjmp and YOU are the only
one who mentioned it.

Uh, have you plonked me, then?

I think that my reply was the very first reply in the thread.

I suggest you read that article again, because it contains some important details not mentioned by Stefan et.al.

- Alf