Window resizing - rebind C-x - to shrink-window?

From: Bastien
Subject: Window resizing - rebind C-x - to shrink-window?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:42:42 +0100

Hi all,

I often use the key C-x ^ (`enlarge-window') to enlarge the current
window and I think it would be nice to have C-x - call `shrink-window'
instead of `shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer'.

It looks more logical, at least to me.  Okay, I'm a user of ratpoison,
so this may affect my habits when it comes to quickly resize windows.

I guess the rational behind the actual binding of C-x - is that
`shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer' is more often needed than
`shrink-window'.  But since C-x ^ is out it's not true anymore
for me and I wonder if it is for others.

If C-x - were finally bound to `shrink-window', we could then reserve
C-u C-x - for `shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer'.

What do you think?

--
Bastien