Re: ispell: The file "/usr/lib/aspell/german" can not be opened for read

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: ispell: The file "/usr/lib/aspell/german" can not be opened for reading.
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:23:49 +0100

Am 02.12.2013 um 17:11 schrieb Karl Voit:

> Therefore, I guess that missing language definition is not my issue,
> isn't it?

Yes. I think your problem is that you are not using the correct syntax in the
files. In a file's footer you would have to use:

        %%% Local Variables:
        %%% mode: LaTeX
        %%% flyspell-default-dictionary: "german8"
        %%% End:

In the header you would use:

        %% -*- mode: LaTeX; flyspell-default-dictionary: "german8"; -*-

Notice the use of ";"!

BTW, does it work to switch (change) dictionaries manually?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Specifications are for the weak and timid!