Manual Creation of BBDB Records

From: Daniel E. Doherty
Subject: Manual Creation of BBDB Records
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 06:51:29 -0600

All,

I am trying to migrate Wanderlust to Gnus.  I want to keep contact
information in BBDB, but my experience with auto-create in Wanderlust
was that BBDB got filled with a lot of uninteresting and useless
emails.  I know I can have auto-create filter out what's created, but I
would rather control when a record is created.

What I would like is this:
- If a e-mail arrives from (or cc'ing) know e-mails, it does the pop-up
  window and shows the bbdb record.
- If the record or records are not in bbdb, by hitting the ':' key (or
whatever) it creates a record for me to edit.
- It would be nice also if the e-mail name and address in the header had
different colors based on whether they are known or unknown.

Does anyone have such a setup that they could share with a poor newbie?

Thanks.

--
Daniel E. Doherty