Re: Manual Creation of BBDB Records

From: Daniel E. Doherty
Subject: Re: Manual Creation of BBDB Records
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:45:06 -0600

Thanks, Eric.  I am still on 2.36 and am reluctant to move to BBDBv3 because
it seems still evolving quite a bit.  I saw referred to somewhere as still
"alpha".  But maybe that's wrong.

I tried to use it once with Asynk and got an error message about an unparsable
bbdb file, and learned that it was because the author has the new version
storing font markup in the db instead of just the records.  That seemed just
wrong to me and scared me back to 2.36, where I still am.

Here is part of my discussion with the Asynk author:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/asynk/hn9jzqjxdbs

Maybe I should try it again some time, but no time right now.

Regards,

--
Daniel E. Doherty