Symbol's function definition is void: mapcan

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: Symbol's function definition is void: mapcan
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 18:08:50 +0200

Hi,

I am using the bzr version of emacs, and I am seeing the error messages
in the subject line in two separate instances. The first time was when I
tried to get the GNUS email client to work. I wasn't able to and gave
up. The second time i started playing around with the "eww" web browser
and whenever I hit any link, this error is displayed. This must be a
fundamental problem because it is happening with two unrelated
applications, but I can't find out what it is.

I speculated that this is because of a dependency to the cl (common
lisp) library so I have put (require 'cl) into my .emacs.el. This time,
the error changed to:

Wrong type argument: listp, nil

So, what could be happening?

--