Re: emacs slow on dired renaming

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: emacs slow on dired renaming
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:21:30 +0100

On Sun, Apr 06 2014, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> From: Robert Marshall <spam@capuchin.co.uk>
>> Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 13:39:11 +0100
>> So it would appear to be either what I'm loading in .emacs.desktop or
>> what I'm doing after that in that session which causes that symptom to
>> gradually appear. I've never seen the problem with an emacs session
>> which lasts less than c 2 hours.
>
> I guess the next step is to look in your desktop file.

First I'm going to try starting an emacs session with the .emacs.desktop
file loaded and largely leave that session alone (apart from dired
renames) give it 12 hours and see if the problem appears. If so I'll
start reducing the desktop, otherwise I'm going to have to look at what I
do in emacs in the normal session -  I'll compare featurep between the
desktop left alone session and now.

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau