Re: Emacs gnus (tls) IMAP connection problems with Google

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs gnus (tls) IMAP connection problems with Google
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:39:55 +0100

> I think I has been able to solve this issue
> after several years of getting that error.
> The solution:
>
>     (require 'tls)

I spoke to soon. I still get the error message.

The error this solved was the one that didn't
come with a message, the one when the
`gnus-group-get-new-news' would stall
indefinitely and one would have to do C-g
(somtimes twice, or even a couple of times)
before one try finally went thru.

On the positive side, that error was ten times
as frequent and annoying, so I suppose one
shouldn't complain.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573