Re: the English language part 2

From: Ralph Seichter
Subject: Re: the English language part 2
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:42:21 +0200

* Emanuel Berg:

> I can tell you with ~99.9% certainty that Mandarin will _never_ be the
> "lingua franca of the IT/software community"!

And how do you know that, O Oracle? :-) Never is a long time. Not so
long ago, French was the Diplomat's language of choice.

Given the sheer number of native Mandarin speakers and China's efforts
in computer science (just consider their supercomputing centres), I
consider it arrogant to use whe word "never" in your prediction.

-Ralph