Re: Emacs i18n

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 21:06:25 +0200

>> There is still a significant, though diminishing,
>> proportion of papers, textbooks, and research books which
>> are written in French. The proportion is about 1-2%.
>> The production of research in any other language than
>> English and French has essentially come to a halt.
>
> ikr?
>
> These algorithms from the paleo-scientific era of computing
> are discontinued.
>
> But: Can you verify these digits (1-2%, ->0) and/or give us
> references, please?

> ikr?
>
> These algorithms from the paleo-scientific era of computing
> are discontinued.
>
> But: Can you verify these digits (1-2%, ->0) and/or give us
> references, please?

Now we are getting somewhere, let's see, here where I live we
have three specifically computer-related educations on the
university level, namely

  * Computer Science
  (in theory the most theoretic but in practice the most
   practical one; master programs are (1) HCI, (2) CS which is
   more theory, perhaps for real this time [as in computations
   on real time models, indeed], and (3) embedded systems
   which is the coolest and most difficult one IMO because of
   the practical component and addition to theory, HCI should
   be the easiest altho nothing is "easy" on this level)

  * Information Technology Engineers
  (this is very close to CS actually and is as difficult and
   time-consuming, it has more math than CS and also a couple
   of random society-oriented courses, other than that they
   are virtually the same I'd say, and this also show in the
   big overlap with respect to courses and students; I always
   considered the IT guys as good as us and having virtually
   the same inclinations and comintment to "the cause")

  * Information Systems
  (this is something different, no overlap at all in courses
   or students with the CS and IT guys; I'd describe it as
   burocratic and administrative support systems for
   business - it is by far the least in-depth tech.
   this education isn't easy but not difficult, students who
   work moderately hard deal with it with no problems)

Can we get the stats - BSc, MSc, and PhD - what language? -
can we get the stats for these three internationally somehow?
to be able to compare and settle this for good with
hard facts?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal