Re: minimize-frame ?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: minimize-frame ?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 01:35:00 +0200

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> Is it possible to have Emacs control the window manager?  For instance,
> if I didn't want to use the mouse, could I setup a key to minimize Emacs?

Don't almost any window manager has some way of doing this via a
shortcut. Inclusive those used by Windows and MacOS?

If you really have to do it from withing Emacs, you could call external
app like xdotool (if you are using gnu/linux):

M-! xdotool getactivewindow windowminimize
or
M-! xdotool search --onlyvisible --classname --sync emacs windowminimize

You could wrap that in an interactive command and call it form M-x if
you prefer.