Re: In search for an emacs hacker

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: In search for an emacs hacker
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 20:11:31 +0200

Vitus Schäfftlein wrote:

> For this reason, I want to create my own blog on which
> I explain how to use emacs as an academic. Now these people
> aren't emacs programmers and neither am I (I know how to set
> variables, key-bind functions, and some very basic lisp, but
> that's it), so my goal is to (1) provide simple
> step-by-step-instructions to get everything running smoothly
> and (2) describe in detail how an emacs workflow for
> academics can look like. My big dream is to eventually
> create something like doom emacs or spacemacs, but for
> academics. Functions and key-bindings should closely
> resemble those of programs academics usually use.

I have another idea, we fork Emacs into "Creamacs", which will
be basically the same, only it would be more of an
elite thing.

You know high society, is that the reasons so few are here and
use Emacs? They _want to_ but think, "Darn, all these
plebeians are just using Emacs all day every day, if I do the
same they'd think, 'hey, these disgusting aristos are even
using the same software!', there'd be just nothing to
really motivate patrician rule anymore!"

But with Creamacs, it would be the A Camp ONLY!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal