Re: [OFFPTOPIC] ACM digital library (was: Lisp books)

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: [OFFPTOPIC] ACM digital library (was: Lisp books)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 13:29:14 +0700

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 03:58, <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> I didn't imply it was. I think it's just a case of "cultural hegemony".
> Or something.

You mean you’d prefer if their cookie warning looked more like ArtLebedev’s?

    We are using cookies on all our websites including this one
    because without cookies the entire Internet would go to shit.

    [ Fine ]

(Blame the legislators for the necessity to warn about cookies at all.
Cookies as designed are just a way for the web server to correlate
your two sequential requests to each other, including letting you stay
logged in for more than a single request.)