Re: NonGNU ELPA

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 06:23:15 +0100

The situation doesn't make any sense, I also use it from
Emacs-w3m where I save the URL of a YouTube song/music video
in Emacs-w3m [1] then I download it with a zsh function [2]
but, if we increase our altitude and look down on what then
happens, the Emacs-w3m stuff happens in the Emacs instance in
/dev/tty1 and the zsh stuff happens in tmux on top of
/dev/tty2 ... and the bridge is xsel.el [3] but X isn't even
visited or involved.

(Except it doesn't work if it isn't on.)

I can even play it in the console with mpv [4]

That song is "The Climb" by No Doubt BTW ... [5]

Which I proudly quote here [6]

If you think I'm running out of footnotes this way,
think again! Hey, it's FOSS. The plethora, annoying as it may,
is actually the strength, right?

:)

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/w3m-url.el
    (hm ... seemingly strange that isn't this file:
     https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/w3m-download.el )
[2] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/dl
[3] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/xsel.el
[4] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/#mpv