Re: Function to find symlink target

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Function to find symlink target
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 11:17:18 +0300

* Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> [2022-05-20 02:16]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have made this function to find the target of a symlink in dired, it opens
> > new Dired window and tries to locate the file. I have tried finding
> > such function in Dired and did not succeed, maybe it exists in Emacs
> > programs somewhere.
> >

> C-h f file-symlink-p

Thanks. I use that in the function mentioned.

In my Rox Filer I have the option to "Show Target" of a symbolic link,
that one is useful function, and I assumed that it must exist in Emacs
but did not find it.

It is like jumping to other file in Dired.

Is there maybe some Dired function to jump exactly to specific file name?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman