Re: Broken gnus-posting-styles?

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Broken gnus-posting-styles?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 10:12:21 +0200

> Is anyone else tracking master and experiencing issues with
> `gnus-posting-styles'?  I read my mail via nnimap, and had it set up so
> that it Gcc's outgoing mail into my Sent directory.  As I have two
> addresses I use, I sed `gnus-posting-styles' to
>
>       '(((header "from" "fau.de^")
>          ("Gcc" "nnimap+faumail.fau.de:Sent")
>          (address "cuvyvc.xnyhqrepvp@snh.qr"))  ;Anti-spam
>         (""                                     ;Fallback
>          ("Gcc" "nnimap+posteo.de:Sent")))
>
> But for some reason the "(header ...)" doesn't work anymore, and all my
> messages are stored in the "Sent" directory of my primary account.  If I
> invert the rule, I get the opposite behaviour.  Yet `(gnus) Posting
> Styles' indicates that that this approach should work.

I'm using Emacs master (1a72248901) and have no problems with
posting-styles.  I admit I have most of my config now in
`gnus-parameters', but would it help if you re-write the lines above
like this:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"                                     ;Fallback
         ("Gcc" "nnimap+posteo.de:Sent"))
        ((header "from" "fau.de")
         ("Gcc" "nnimap+faumail.fau.de:Sent")
         (address "cuvyvc.xnyhqrepvp@snh.qr"))))  ;Anti-spam

Things I've changed are order of fallback, added ".*" instead of empty
string and removed ^ after fau.de

Best, Arash