Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Customising display-fill-column-indicator-mode
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:46:38 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2022-08-26 08:07]:
> The problem is not about apologising, but that heckling others about
> the systems they use is wrong at any level, particularly when we
> actually promote ones that do not spy on users and give
> identification and location details about them to other parties.

I like the dis-culture of heckling of others about the operating
systems they use. I am sorry I am not mature enough. I would tell the
same even to government officers, and so I do whenever necessary.

You mentioned "system", so I guess you mean operating system.

Though the system, which is not an operating system, the one we use
and which is related to this mailing list is Emacs.

Though Emacs environment at some point of usage level may become
similar to operating system.

I would rather name it Emacs operating environment.

If you mean by "system" an Emasc Lisp function, I actually welcome
critics on mailing list. This is because by experience, hackers here
give some indications, not necessary they will tell details about what
they mean in the first message. They may give clues how to access
information. Too often information is already available and users do
not reach for it. Critics may be cryptic. There is some joy in
discovering the meanings sooner rather than later.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman