Re: (*) -> 1

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: (*) -> 1
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 19:46:13 +0100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> > I OTOH have no garage.  The number of my Ferraris in all my garages is
> > (+) -> 0 Ferraries.
>
> Don't add Ferraris, just multiply them and you will get one.

Note that when (+ 2 3) would yield 7 in Elisp, I would accept your "it's
wrong" because there is a valid interpretation using Ferraris: (+ 2 3)
should return the number of Ferraris of two sets of two and three
Ferraris, and these are five Ferraris.

But what calculation involving Ferraris would (*) correspond to?  I
don't see any interpretation of the formula that would apply to
Ferraris, so it's not valid to say that a result of "one Ferrari" is
wrong.  What should that have calculated?

Michael.