Re: package for Email

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: package for Email
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 03:15:31 +0100

Gottfried wrote:

> 1. Which Email package do you use? Can you tell your
>    experience with your email package?

Gnus ...

> 2. Does it make sense for me as an emacs-newbie to change
>    from using thunderbird to an emacs email package?

Yes, if you feel Emacs is the software for you.

> 4. I prefer to habe folders because I like to have an
>    overview. Mu4e doesn't have folders.

Gnus has folders, they are called groups.

> 5. I want IMAP.

Gnus has everything, it's the longest program ever written.

> 8. Should I start with Rmail? and later switch to GNU?

No.

> 9. Or is it useful to start with GNU because it has more
>    options and I have to learn it anyhow? [...]

Gnus has more options but you only learn the subset that you
use. Some options you don't really learn, you learn them
enough to put into a config file and then forget about
them ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal