Re: History Re: Debunking Emacs merits over GUI - Re: package for Email

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: History Re: Debunking Emacs merits over GUI - Re: package for Email
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 18:48:18 +0300

* Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net> [2023-01-21 22:45]:
> I don't know anything about iPhones but my Android phones run
> the Termux subsystem and support Emacs and all of my
> text-mode working environment at the 100% level.  I can be
> just as productive[1] on my Android phones as I can on the Dell
> desktop running Arch Linux that I'm using at the moment.

I have wireless keyboard that is easily attached to the table, so it
helps me write stuff on the go.

> [1] Limitations being mostly text only[2]

I am sure that graphical Emacs works as well, I just did not install
it yet.

You may see if you can run this package and install Emacs under some
of GNU/Linux distributions on Android:

AnLinux | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/exa.lnx.a/

and it will work with external keyboard well.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman