Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 17:45:49 +0100

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Hello Gnus
>
> now it's the second time that I couldn't send a mail to (multiple) gmail
> addresses.  I've received a mail from the provider 1and1.de's mail
> delivery system saying "dieter@duenehof-wilhelm.de" is blocked from
> gmail with authentication problems (SPF and DKIM).  I checked sending
> with the webmailer of 1und1.de and there sending to (some) gmail
> addresses worked and then - strangely - resending the very same
> problematic mail from Gnus seems to have work!?

Hi,

It looks like a greylisting behaviour: sending from the webmail puts you
in "ok" list for a certain time...  That being said, who knows what
google does with mails these days.

Maybe your providers is not configured the same between the webmail and
their SMTP access.  You could try to see if everything (SPF, DKIM,
DMARC) is in place by using a site such as https://www.mail-tester.com/
and sending a mail from Gnus there.
--
Manuel Giraud