Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 19:41:08 +0100

On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 06:13:39PM +0000, Colin Baxter wrote:

[...]
> mail-tester is more than likely to verify your email address. A similar
> thing happens to me if I try to email a google address. Google
> automatically classes email from yandex as spam and will not forward it
> to the intended recipient [...]

My observation is that they /do/ deliver the mail, but marked as spam.
So it's the user who misses it, because it is in the spam folder.

Combined with the fearmongering that the spam folder is full of Bad
Things which will eat your computer, they are causing the user to throw
away that mails.

This is a tad more insidious (what Shoshana Zuboff calls "Behavior
Modification").

Cheers