Binding key to insert an non-spacing acute accent

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Binding key to insert an non-spacing acute accent
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:16:55 +0000

Hello,

I often mix English with other languages, such as Spanish, that have
accents.  I usually use the compose keyboard sequence to enter accented
characters.  However, I recently learned that you can insert a
non-spacing accent (e.g. acute) via C-x 8 RET.  Lovely!

Now, however, I would love to be able to bind that to a key, e.g. M-'
that I do not use for anything else normally, but I cannot seem to
figure out how.  I cannot see a way of definining any elisp to insert a
specific non-spacing character.  Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga, https://profiles.ucl.ac.uk/5958-eric-fraga