Re: troubleshoot C-M-/ key binding (dabbrev-completion)

From: Pierre Rouleau
Subject: Re: troubleshoot C-M-/ key binding (dabbrev-completion)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 18:52:20 -0500

Hi Michael,

Are you using Emacs in terminal mode?
If you are, it's quite possible that any key sequence that does not map to
ASCII Control characters will not work.
Note that C-\ is a valid ASCII Control code (hex byte value 0x5c).
And C-\ is not a valid ASCII control code.
Therefore Emacs, in terminal mode will not be able to recognize C-M-\

In graphics mode, Emacs will be able to identify C-M-\ as it will decode
the key sequence from the keyboard
directly and won't have to use a terminal emulator standard.

To see if a key sequence is recognized, type C-h k  followed by the key
sequence you're looking for.
Type C-h k C-M-\   to see the mapping of that key sequence and whether it
is recognized.

Hope this helps,

/Pierre

--