Re: `other-window-prefix' command, running anything in the other window

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: `other-window-prefix' command, running anything in the other window
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 01:39:08 +0200

On 23/01/2024 00:21, Psionic K wrote:
Oh yikes.  The `other-window-prefix' we have already is pretty limited. No go.  The behavior I want to achieve is: `other-window-prefix' + `scroll-window' -> `scroll-other-window'

Second draft:

1. Switch window if there is another window.  If there is no other window, run other-window-prefix to be sure we get a new one.
2. In post command hook, switch back to the previous window

I think it should work this way anyway, although not using a hook if written  for Emacs.

You can make your version based on this one.

E.g. implement it on top of the existing function, or just look at the implementation and tweak as necessary.