Re: smtpmail-send-queued-mail fails with error 504 5.5.2

From: rameiko87
Subject: Re: smtpmail-send-queued-mail fails with error 504 5.5.2
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 14:26:17 +0000

which should instead only be reserved for message-id's (as the
description of this variable says. Does it happen somewhere else too?
this is the second thing to fix).

How to fix something that we don't know about?

Is there any way to check where the variable message-user-fqdn is being used?

Also, I understand from your messages that when message-user-fqdn is nil then the Message-ID's are built with domain set to the value of the domain in user-mail-address, no matter whether this is a valid address or not. In the preceding sentence, by domain I mean everything to the right of the at-sign. Is this correct?

When I set message-user-fqdn instead, are the Message-ID's always built by using the message-user-fqdn regardless of the value of user-mail-address?

And then when message-user-fqdn is nil and user-mail-address is the default (that is user@fedora), then does Message Mode attempt sending to this invalid email address and shows an error, or does it modify the To: to some valid email address?