help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Problems using measure command

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Problems using measure command
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:58:29 +0100

Hi:

al davis escribió:
On Saturday 05 December 2009, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
I try now and run ok, thanks.

Thank you for helping to improve the documentation!

I must help in the way I can. :^)

(And, on the other hand, I have solving my own problems)

There are anyway to obtain a RMS wave output (with a control
 structure,  specific print sintaxis or anything)?

I don't understand.  Isn't that what the RMS measure does?

Measure give me the RMS value of a signal, this isn't exactly what I want.

Something that next (for control structure):

.control
i=0
while i<=end_tran_time do
        measure rms_wave = rms(probe="signal(output)" begin=i
                           +  end=time_step_a)
        eval rms_vawe >> wave_file
        i= i+ time_step
        time_step_a = time_step_a + time_step
.end_control

ok ....

The "while" command is on the to-do list. Once it exists, you will be able to do that.

I am still trying to figure out what you are trying to do ..

Ok (I hope that expression exits on english too), one image better that a millar of words:

http://fie-conference.org/fie96/papers/219.pdf

Image at page 3 on top.

building a file .. "wave_file" ... which will contain a table of the RMS values of the wave, in time intervals, over time.

Yes, the objectiv is print these rms values over time: a rms wave of a signal.

The signal is a modulated waveform, and you want to look at the envelope as a time domain signal?

I'm not sure here (language problem here). In the previous control structure I try to attach to ecuation of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_value

but, I see that not the same in spanish Wikipedia:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valor_eficaz

This calls for the real Verilog-AMS, behavioral modeling. It's coming. With that, you could make a device that would do that.

Ok.

I have still hope to not write a octave or python function
 for made  this. Should be more easy write a rms wave plugin?

You could make a plugin. Look at the existing "measure" plugins, particularly measure_rms.cc.

Meantime Verilog-AMS behavioral modeling is coming, I try to get a plugin or anything to do this.

al.

Thanks for all, sorry about language problems.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.