help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] print command

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] print command
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:03:55 +0100

Hello:

al davis escribió:
On Friday 11 December 2009, Thiago de Paiva wrote:
I want to put, at same place, current and voltage graph.
 Current is much smaller then voltage, then I want to
 multiply the value of current by 50, because this way I can
 see both as well as. Is there a manner to do it directly
 from gnucap command? Something like "print ac v(vl)
 50*i(rl)"?

No.  not yet.

The print (also plot, probe,store, alarm) statements do not take expressions. It will some day, but not now.

I have always thought of things like that as belonging in the viewing and postprocessing software, but most of the viewing software is fairly simple.

I think if you are using gnuplot, you can do that in the gnuplot command.

Or with octave:

octave:10> I_rl_50 = I_rl .* 50

Note the dot (.), is for octave not multiply a vector I_rl (1,X) by a vector (1,1); in this way you multiply 50 for each one of the I_rl vector componets, that is you want.

Other people use Python with scypy/pylab extension.

I remember time ago I need to graph a simulation with voltage and current values. I could obtain two differents axis in plot:

grafica2=[tiempo,int_colector];
%
__gnuplot_set__ ytics nomirror
__gnuplot_set__ y2tics
__gnuplot_set__ arrow
__gnuplot_set__ title '"Conmutación Vce - Ic"'
%
__gnuplot_plot__ grafica1 axis x1y1 title "Vce", grafica2 axis x1y2 title "Ic"
%

"grafica1" and "grafica2" are the waves to plot. There was for a Octave 2.9 version, I believe that Octave 3.X not admit these commands now, but if you see there are gnuplot commands. Try to look for documentation.

There are many ways how you see.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.