help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] few questions

From: Fabian Holler
Subject: [Help-gnunet] few questions
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:49:46 +0100

Howdy,

I'm very new to gnunet and a few things are  still unclear for me after
reading the manuals.
Here are my questions:

* I'm running gnunetd on my server, is there a way install the gtk
client on another machine and connect to the Server?
I installed on my Gentoo box gnunet-gtk but don't find a option to
connect to another host than the localhost with the GUI.

* Is there a way to figure out  if my indexed file is allready spreaded
in the network?

* Did gnunet support download from many different sources at the same time?

* If I would remove the user that indexed the directory from the system,
(ie gnunet runs under user gnunet, I've inserted the file with user
fabian) would the files still be indexed? Or is this saved under the ~ dir?

* I've indexed a few files, If I know search for the file I only find it
if i search for a single word of the filename, If I combine them i don't
find anything...
ie: filename: Turbo man 3d.avi
I would find the file If I search for Turbo or man, but not if I search
for turbo man, If i search for the whole filename I will find the file
too...
This is a little bit strange., to find a specify thing I must often
search for a String, if I would search only for a part of the name I
will get many result for complete other things...

* I want index a directory recursively, if I delete/add a file, the file
should automatically indexed/removed from gnunet.
Every file should be find able during keywords, not only the whole
collection..
Would be
"gnunet-insert -P cow -t books  -R -V /data/misc/ -D"
the right command for this?
Or must i also specify -i and then gnunet search every -i$time seconds
for changes in the directory?
What is if this should'nt be a namespace, only a automatically periodly
recursively indexed directory?

* -S sporadic option means that I must update my namespace/collection
manual right?
The Collection will be reachable through the old ID?
If not how peoples know that there is an updated release?

* Providing -N to gnunet-insert simply means that a user knows the id
for an upcoming release and can search for the id using gnunet-search?
I don't understand the -N thing, also the example in the manpages is the
strange..
"gnunet-insert -R -P RIAA -t MUSIC -N VIDEOS /home/ogg" -> the next
update will be named Videos but still contain ogg Audio files???

I'm using GNUnet v0.7.0e, Debian sarge-backports 0.7.0e-3~bpo.1 package.

thank you

greetings

Fabian