Re: NSSockPort ?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSSockPort ?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:40:24 +0100

On Monday, July 22, 2002, at 06:35 PM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

Hi,

 I try to write a program talking to cddb server.
 What's the official way to do that ?
 There is no NSSockPort in GNUstep.
 Should I either create a socket by native library,
 then use NSFileHandle to read/write;
 or use the NSURLHandle to do that ?
 If I try to talk to the server via http port,
 is there any ready-to-use class I can use in GNUstep ?

You can use NSFileHandle ... the GNUstep implementation has several extensions to make both synchronous and asynchronous network operation with or without SSL
nice and easy.

You probably want to use +fileHandleAsClientAtAddress:service:protocol: