statically link objective C program

From: Vladimir Leven
Subject: statically link objective C program
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:09:18 -0600

If someone can help with the following problem, I'd appreciate it. I am trying to generate a statically linked executable. Building a dynamically linked executable works, but when I add the "-static" flag to my linker, it fails, saying gnustep-base cannot be found:

[root@localhost ObjCRTUDemo]# make
gcc -o WRXScheduler main.o WRXScheduler.o -lgnustep-base -lobjc -L/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -static
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnustep-base
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [WRXScheduler] Error 1