help-gnuzilla

Re: Compilling IceCat 68.5.0

From: Macro Laco
Subject: Re: Compilling IceCat 68.5.0
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 18:51:09 +0200 (CEST)

That worked, for GNU/Linux(debian-10.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso). I had to install
these Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)packages, not sure if there is list
somewhere, some of these might get installed as dependancies:
ssh -- for remote shell
wget
gpg
mercurial
patch
rename
yasm
gcc
g++
pkg-config
libpulse-dev -- not sure which libpulse is needed
rustc
cargo
llvm
clang
nodejs
libgtk-3-dev
libxkbcommon-dev
libpango1.0-dev
libpangoft2-1.0-0
libpangocairo-1.0-0
nasm
unzip
zip
make
autoconf2.13
libgtk2.0-dev
libdbus-glib-1-dev
libxt-dev

I wanted to compile it for windows too but these
emails(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnuzilla/2020-03/msg00009.html ,
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2018-02/msg00021.html) says
there are proprietary tools needed, what are those tools?

I there a difference in downloading the snapshot or
'git clone --branch 68 --single-branch --depth 1
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git'?