Re: Cpanel boycott

From: Thomas Joseph
Subject: Re: Cpanel boycott
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:11:38 -0800 (PST)

To the mailing-list,

Personally,

I don't think that jackie is in violation.

Agreed, this is a grub list. But, why would someone use grub ?

To boot.

And why someone would definitely have to have it to boot?

Why not, 'well .. it is not booting. I can do a fresh install and try ..?'

He is a sysadmin. He is answerable to the entire org if one server he
commands fail.

And why is Jackie's post important to us ?

Many of us use cpanel, whether we like it or not ..

As a sysadmin,I do have concerns about the machines I am responsible for.

I would take it positive, if anyone brings in a point.

And I would take it as a spam if jackie's post did say something like

"Bad credit? No problem. We can help you" or the sort.

Saying again, jackie was trying to convey a possible dos if anyone of us
running a certain mail server under cpanel.

I stay away from comments wrt the responses jackie got and the way he answered.

Ppl, think the hole is a Tsunami and jackie wanted to alert everyone that
it is coming, whether you live in the vicinity or in a distant continent.

Thanks,