help-gsl

Re: Installing GSL on Windows to use with Visual Studio Code

From: Vicent Giner Bosch
Subject: Re: Installing GSL on Windows to use with Visual Studio Code
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:02:40 +0100

On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 at 01:16, William Oquendo <woquendo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I do not use windows, but I would try some package manager, like chocolatey
> or vcpkg as follows:
>
> Chocolatey: https://community.chocolatey.org/packages/GnuWin/0.6.3
> vcpkg:
> https://solarianprogrammer.com/2020/01/26/getting-started-gsl-gnu-scientific-library-windows-macos-linux/

Dear William,

Thank you for your answer.

Requirements for installing `vcpkg` are these
(https://vcpkg.io/en/getting-started.html):

- Windows 7 or newer
- Git
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 or newer

I can try this, but first I would like to be certain there is no
easier way (installing Visual Studio to not really use it seems a lot
to me!).

[ Why is it so complicated to install and use a third-party library in C?? ]

Regards,

--
vicent