help-gsl

Re: Test release for GSL 2.8

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Re: Test release for GSL 2.8
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 01:17:10 +0200

Dear Patrick,

Thank you very much for sharing the good news about the new GSL release.

I just configured, built and checked the tarball on an Arch GNU/Linux with GCC 14.1.1 and Glibc 2.39 (on 12 threads to speed it up):

./configure && make -j12 && make check -j12

There were no warnings or errors in the compilation or in the checks! Everything went smoothly all the way until the end :-).

Thanks for all the work on this wonderful package; GSL is a mandatory dependency of GNU Astronomy Utilities; and we rely heavily on it. I look forward to the release of GSL 2.8.

Cheers,
Mohammad