help-gsl

Re: Test release for GSL 2.8

From: Brijesh Upadhaya
Subject: Re: Test release for GSL 2.8
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 02:51:46 +0200

Hi,

All tests passed for gsl-2.7.1+ in Debian 12 with GCC-12.2.0 and glibc-2.36.

Maybe you should update the author names in the source codes inside gsl/linalg.
It seems that you have added/updated a few routines.

I don't know if this is necessary, but the scaling of a complex (sparse) matrix
with a real vector, complex sparse matrix-vector multiplication, and
unpacking(in place) a complex vector could be added. I had to somehow do the
above-mentioned stuff while solving a time-harmonic FE problem.

There are alloc and calloc for the blocks and vectors. Is there any particular
reason for not having anything to resize a block or a vector?

In gsl/spmatrix/getset_source.c, _set() replaces the matrix elements, could it
be possible to assemble the matrix as

*(BASE*) ptr = *(BASE*) + x;

and copy the entire code to a new name.

Regards,