Recovering from broken Guix due to GC'd derivations

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Recovering from broken Guix due to GC'd derivations
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 22:01:09 -0400

Hello, everyone:

I'm running into a bit of trouble and I'd like to know the best/proper
way to recover:

Any pull or package install operations that I attempt give me an error
like this (the exact derivation varies between my user and root, but
they're both Perl):

  guix pull: error: open-file: No such file or directory:
  "/gnu/store/fq9583a3w3is0r1yrjxg1znfz2qkvg78-perl-5.26.2.tar.xz.drv"

Or, if I try to pull using a local git repo:

  guix pull: error: build failed: opening file
  `/gnu/store/4417linxb223padiqavsf6xah7nvjwrh-perl-5.26.1.drv': No such
  file or directory

I had an old ~/.guix/config/latest symlink that I tried restoring (I
don't have ~/.guix/config/current yet), but no luck.

This seems to have happened after running a `guix gc`, after having
aborted a `guix pull`.  I forget the reason that I aborted---it's been
about a week since, but it was a kernel-related issue requiring a hard
reset.  perl-5.26.2.tar.xz, or a similar version, was one of the
packages downloaded during that pull.

I'm not familiar enough with guix to know how to recover from this.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Mike Gerwitz