Re: NAS hardware recommendations

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: NAS hardware recommendations
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 18:26:46 +0100

Hi zloster!

Thanks for the detailed report and the resourceful links! :)

After some investigation, I think I'll go for one of the ASRock.
I could find them at the following price:

- ASRock J3455-ITX: 98€
- ASRock J4105-ITX: 100€
- ASRock J5005-ITX: 120€
- ASRock J5040-ITX: 150€

I'll go for the cheapest option.
No the j3455 and the j4105 are basically the same, the main difference
being memory.

j3455 has SO-DIMM 204 pins (DDR3)
j4105 has SO-DIMM 260 pins (DDR4)

Any recommendation regarding memory?  Has DDR3L a lower power consumption?

For the rest, I'll just get a second hand computer for 30-50€ that has a
4GB of RAM, so I can get the whole thing to run on 130-150€.  In that
sense, it's cheaper than any NAS I can find on the market! :)

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/