Single-board-computer approach: don't make an installer, make the instal

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Single-board-computer approach: don't make an installer, make the install?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 09:33:35 -0500

I looked recently at this tutorial:

  https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2017/porting-guixsd-to-armv7/

However, it strikes me: maybe there's another nice approach?  Would it
be nicer to just make an image that the user boots into directly on the
beagleboard, if it's going onto a microsd card anyway, rather than
building an installer image?

I haven't tried it yet but can't think of a good reason it wouldn't
work.  Has anyone tried that?

Side note, a RISC-V Beagleboard SoC is coming.  I suspect that might be
very good helping us start ramping up getting Guix very usable on
RISC-V:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/01/seeed-and-beagleboard-team-up-to-provide-a-new-risc-v-based-linux-pc/