Re: Finding Dependencies at Run Time

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Finding Dependencies at Run Time
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 13:28:27 +0200

"Philip McGrath" <philip@philipmcgrath.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2022, at 4:25 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> Peter Polidoro <peter@polidoro.io> writes:
>>
>>> Your explanations are very helpful, thank you, and your links made me
>>> realize that devel version of the manual has lots of information that
>>> I could not find in the stable version of the manual.
>>
>> We recommend using the manual that comes with Guix, because it matches
>> the particular version of Guix you have installed.  You can use any Info
>> reader to view the manual and the cookbook.
>>

> I mentioned this somewhere before, but I would love to be able to install a
> local copy of the HTML manual with the nice styling used on the website.

You can build all HTML and PDF versions of the manual with

   ./pre-inst-env guix build -f doc/build.scm

from a Guix checkout.  This will take a little while.

The convenience of using the Info document is that it is installed with
“guix pull”, so it will always match your current version of Guix.  The
Info document is also more accessible than the HTML version because of
the manually curated index (hit “i” in your Info reader and type away to
get to a topic more quickly).

--
Ricardo