Re: Beginner trying to package org-noter-plus

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Beginner trying to package org-noter-plus
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 11:27:53 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 at 11:05, Samuel Schmidt <samuel@schmidt-contact.com> wrote:

> There are two problems:
> 1. In the file emacs-devel.el
> (https://github.com/dmitrym0/org-noter-plus/blob/master/emacs-devel.el)
> of org-noter-plus, a path for cask is specified ((require 'cask
> "/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp/cask/cask.el")). This resulted in
> an error message, which I resolved by just deleting the file and
> disabling tests.
> Is there are a better solution?

Well, maybe do the removal in a snippet instead of a phase.

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Snippets-versus-Phases

It depends on if your intent is that “guix build -S
emacs-org-noter-plus” would be usable the upstream development way.

> 2. After building and installing, the files located at
> "https://github.com/dmitrym0/org-noter-plus/tree/master/modules"; are
> not installed at all.
> I have no idea, how to solve this ...

That’s because they are in EMACSLOADPATH, I guess.

Well, two solutions: either extend it, either move the Emacs Lisp from
modules/ to the root visible by EMACSLOADPATH.  Give a look to
gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm for examples [1]. :-)

1:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm

Cheers,
simon