Re: Is it possible to system reconfigure from a local guix git?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Is it possible to system reconfigure from a local guix git?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:03:51 +0200

Hello,

my reply does not quite answer your question, but here is how I do it
by circumventing the problem... I have never quite understood sudo and
always used su.

Am Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 01:15:37AM +0200 schrieb Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli:
> > $ guix shell -D guix
> > $ ./pre-inst-env guix system build system.scm

So in a first step, if I am limited to sudo, I do "sudo su -" to
become root.

Then either I use a git checkout of guix as root, or I cd to my
regular user's git checkout. Then ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure ...

Andreas