Re: Howto supply cargo-build-system dependency to guix package definitio

From: Timothy Washington
Subject: Re: Howto supply cargo-build-system dependency to guix package definition
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 16:44:52 -0400

On Tue, 25 Apr 2023 at 01:57, ( <paren@disroot.org> wrote:

> Timothy Washington <twashing@gmail.com> writes:
> > You've gotten me quite a bit further. This is great.
> > Now, "guix build ..." breaks if I try to include "(gnu packages
> cargo-xyz)" (or "(guix packages cargo-xyz)").
>
> My mistake, it's actually ``crates-xyz'' :P

Oh no, it's all good... But I don't see "crates-xyz" (or just xyz) in
guix's packages.

   - https://packages.guix.gnu.org/search/?query=crates-xyz
   - https://packages.guix.gnu.org/search/?query=xyz

$ guix build -L ~/dotfiles/ rustscan
guix build: warning: failed to load '(guix packages rustscan)':
no code for module (gnu packages crates-xyz)

What is "crates-xyz" meant to do? And where is its definition?