Re: GNU make

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:56:54 -0400

%% address@hidden writes:

  sh> I am attempting to compile GNU make on an NCR MPRAS system.  The
  sh> configure script says it cannot guess the system type.  Some of
  sh> the information I am seeing is as follows:

  sh> uname -m = 3514
  sh> uname -r = 4.0
  sh> uname -s = UNIX_SV
  sh> uname -v = 3.0

  sh> /usr/bin/uname -p = Pentium III(TM)-ISA/PCI
  sh> /bin/uname -X    =

  sh> hostinfo               =
  sh> /bin/universe          =
  sh> /usr/bin/arch -k       =
  sh> /bin/arch              =
  sh> /usr/bin/oslevel       =
  sh> /usr/convex/getsysinfo =

  sh> UNAME_MACHINE = 3514
  sh> UNAME_RELEASE = 4.0
  sh> UNAME_SYSTEM  = UNIX_SV
  sh> UNAME_VERSION = 3.0

  sh> At this point the script stops.  Is there a specific version of the
  sh> configure script for MPRAS?  If not how could I go about compiling GNU
  sh> make?

I suggest getting the latest versions of the config.sub and config.guess
scripts from the config project in Savannah:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/config/config/

and replace the ones in the GNU make distribution with those.

If that still doesn't recognize your system, then you need to contact
the folks who maintain those files at the address@hidden mailing
list and they'll help you add your system.