Parallel make: "Waiting for unfinished jobs" message

From: hi
Subject: Parallel make: "Waiting for unfinished jobs" message
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:05:42 +0530

Hi,

While building parallel build, I observe following message...

make: *** /u/user1/bld/com: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [com.install] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I understood that 'com' directory is missing, but I didn't get other two messages.

Can you please let me know what is "Waiting for unfinished jobs"; and 'how to resolve this"?
Or what should I do to exit from make entirely once it finds that particular dir doesn't exists?

Thank you.
-Hiral