Re: Recursive implicit rule chain sometimes works

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: Recursive implicit rule chain sometimes works
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:11:57 -0800

> The problem is that Debian and distributions that depend on it have refused
> to upgrade its make package from 3.81 to 3,82

See my other email. Upgrading to 3.82 is a problem; upgrading to 4.1
is not. In this release cycle GNU make is completely backward;
normally we expect compatibility problems from major revisions and not
from point releases, but in this case the major compatibility issue is
between 3.81 and 3.82 and 4.1 fixes it.

David