help-ncurses

Porting an ncurses app to Win32?

From: Christer Enfors
Subject: Porting an ncurses app to Win32?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:20:27 +0100

I've written a simple ncurses application in C for AIX 5.3 that mainly uses the menu library. Now I've been tasked with investigating the possibilities of porting it to Windows XP.

How would I go about doing this? The actual porting of the code shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not sure how to set up a C development platform on Windows (I've always worked in *NIX). What compiler should I use? Is there a native Windows gcc that I could use? Does ncurses even work on Windows? I've managed to compile my application on Windows using Cygwin, but for the production version it would be better not having to rely on Cygwin.

I've searched this mailing list, but I didn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

--
Christer Enfors