development vs. stable

From: Mike Miller
Subject: development vs. stable
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:15:45 -0600 (CST)

Is there any reason for relatively unsophisticated users like myself to
prefer to use the so-called stable version?  I've been using it, maybe
because the name 'stable' appeals to me.  But is it any more trustworthy
than the development version?  I'm thinking of switching to the
development version now that the stable version is not being maintained.

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller
University of Missouri--Columbia